Acuative, the nation's leading independent provider of telecommunications field services, seeks an IT Network Technician. The successful candidate will spend the majority of their time covering the Western Washington DC market area providing installation and maintenance services to voice and data networks, servers, computer systems, retail technology systems, and other network based hardware.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The position involves a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Installation and maintenance of networking hardware including routers, switches, and WAP s
- Installation and maintenance of telephony equipment and circuits
- Hardware break/fix support for Cisco UCS servers and Nexus switching equipment
- Installation and support of retail technology systems POS, Digital Signage, and Video Surveillance Systems
- Circuit extensions and structured cabling
- Site surveys and site audits
- Maintain company vehicle, inventory, and tools to departmental standards
- Accurately and timely submission of all job-related documents and deliverables
- Candidates should possess many of the following KSAs:
- Working knowledge of networking hardware and topologies
- Familiarity with Cisco networking products and interfacing through Cisco CLI
- Understanding of telephony systems (VOIP, PBX, Key Systems) with an ability to provide hands-on hardware and troubleshooting support
- Knowledge of computing systems hardware with the ability to provide break/fix support for desktop PC and/or servers
- Physical installations of a wide variety of hardware including routers, switches, WAPs, servers, POS systems, digital signage systems, and associated peripheral equipment
- Ability to provide configuration support for a variety of technology platforms through console and remote applications
- Experience with LEC circuit identification and extensions
- Familiarity with cabling standards and the ability to pull and terminate cabling in a variety of customer environments
- Ability to operate basic power tools drills, saws, etc.
- Work on ladders and lifts where required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel & Word).
- Ability to follow detailed job documents
- Must be willing to travel within assigned region to meet customer SLAs
- On-call, after hours, and weekend work may be required
- Must possess a valid drivers license with good driving record
Education & Certifications:
- Associates degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- CompTIA, Cisco, Cabling, and PBX system certifications a plus!
- Selected candidates will be required to attend a one week hardware training course at our Global Technology Center in Strongsville, OH
- Selected candidates must obtain Cisco CCT Route/Switch and CCT Data Center certifications within six months of employment at Acuative