At JESCO, we advocate a strong work-life balance as our employees excel, develop and advance. We are looking for talented career-minded individuals who are not afraid of wearing many hats and will embrace new challenges. If this is you, and you are a qualified candidate for one of our career opportunities, then tell us all about yourself. Benefits* Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
* 401K Plan + Match
* Paid time off
* Short/Long Term Disability
* Growth opportunities
* American Funds/College America 529 Savings Plan (college savings plan)
* Verizon Wireless discount
* Working Advantage Program: discounts on entertainment tickets and purchases
* EAP (Employee Assistance Program) includes three (3) free counseling sessions
* Paid Training
* Family owned and operated
* Long term job security
* Health and wellness
* Discounts on products
* Above average industry pay
Technician Specific Benefits* Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates
* Air-conditioned shop
* State-of-the-art, brand new facility with service bays, air-conditioned and cutting edge technology (We opened 2 new facilities last year Mt Holly 1799 (4 bays) & Waldorf (6 bays)
* Service bays with lifts and complete tool cabinets for each technician
* Shop equipped with the newest technology and equipment
* Uniforms provided
* Discounts on products
* Training Incentive Bonus
* Work environment OSHA certified to current Air Quality Standards
* Highly productive shop
* Career advancement opportunities, promote from within
* Continued education, manufacturer hands on and web based training
* Clean and professional work environment
* Apprenticeship program
* Competitive wages
Responsibilities* All Service assignments are to be performed in a safe, efficient and capable manner, using the least number of labor hours necessary, while maintaining the highest quality of standards possible
* Review service orders and inspect equipment accordingly for additional repairs or malfunctions by test driving or troubleshooting equipment operation.
* Keep assigned service vehicle clean and professional looking both inside and out. This is to be done on technicians own time if using company vehicle to commute from home.
* You are also responsible for notifying your supervisor of any maintenance and service to the assigned service vehicle, including all on board equipment in a safe and fully operational status Daily start and stop times to be calculated at Jesco, Inc. Should technician drive directly home from job, stop times shall be calculated from either nearest branch or job location, whichever is closest to technician s home, should technician start from home, start time shall either begin from branch office or job location, whichever is closest.
* Field technician is responsible for having phone and GPS communication on and in working order at all times
* Notify management if service vehicle or on board equipment is in need of maintenance or repair
* Service orders should be completed accurately and concisely, use of computer when applicable
* Warranty reports are to be handled in the same manner, and you must retain, tag and store removed parts properly for return to manufacturer
* Return unused parts from field calls promptly and in proper condition for resale or to be used by other
* Apply technical knowledge to diagnose the cause of equipment malfunctions.
* Obtain final approval prior to performing additional repairs which may be required for the job assigned
* Respond to repair inquiries in a prompt manner.
* Perform repairs and maintenance service work requested in accordance with approved quality and efficiency standards. Discard residual or hazardous waste, using the proper disposal methods
* Invest in tools necessary to perform at expected levels and quality
* Individuals must comply with all safety policies, and have the ability to lift and move up to 70 lbs.
* Always conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times when representing the company
* Apply knowledge and ability to safely utilize all tools and equipment to include: Creeper Pressure washers Torque wrenches, Hydraulic jacks Computer pressure gauges Welding equipment Pneumatic and hand tools Hydraulic jacks Diagnostic equipment
* Maintain, understand, and be committed to a shared responsibility for the upgrade of technical competence by attending all classes, shop meetings and reading all service bulletins as requested
* Test drive to assure proper operation and complete equipment inspections in accordance with company and governed standards
* Respect and maintain company investment in tools and work area. Keep company assets in a clean and orderly manner and use with proper care to meet safety requirements determined by dealership and government agencies.
* Make yourself available for overtime, understanding that the equipment repair business may call for it from time to time
* Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications* Employee will be required to pass a Pre-employment DOT physical as well as maintain approved DOT physical status.
* Individuals must also be able to safely lift and move up to 70 lbs as well as push and pull 50 lbs of resistance.
* Employee must possess good balance and agility as position requires walking on uneven jobsite terrain and climbing on construction equipment, elevated platforms, ladders, etc. to heights.
* Position requires the safe operation of vehicles, equipment, and tools.
* Good vision, including peripheral, depth and color perception, focus, and the ability to see at night are required.
* Written Communication Skills
* Technical Communication
* Customer Relations
* Customer Service
* Math Aptitude
* Time Management
* Manual Dexterity Skills
* Degree: Associates Degree or Equivalent
* Deere Level 1, Deere Level 2, Deere Capstone Certification
* Valid Driver s License must meet insurance underwriting requirements
ESSENTIAL PERSONNEL: This position is deemed essential and may require the employee to report to work during a State of Emergency. We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.